We like to sing ‘put the right letters together and make a better day’. Our international team, full of problem solvers and music lovers, work to put the right chords together and make a better music scene. As users (and we use it a lot), we want it more accessible. As musicians, we need it more fair. And as music researchers we squeeze our brains to develop one of the most widespread systems to track music and identify audio. Currently, we report music usage from all over the world to PROs, labels, publishers and broadcasters, so that artists get the recognition they deserve. However, we only feel totally fulfilled when we can sneak a couple of funny jokes while talking about this.
As part of the TV&AV Engineering Team, your responsibilities will be to build and improve the products and services related to music monitoring and reporting in TVs, Films and Series, in connection with Vericast, our global music monitoring platform, and a number of existing Audiovisual databases (e.g. TV programming data, IMDB, ISAN).
BMAT monitoring platform matches audio streams from 5,000 radios, televisions and clubs around the world in real time, against a database of more than 60 million songs. We generate over 1 million identifications daily and our data is used by thousands of record labels, music publishers, broadcasters and copyright organisations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a resourceful, action-driven and talented developer to take part of the Television & Audiovisuals engineering team and work on the design, development, maintenance and operation of our set of products and services around music identification and tracking on TVs and Audiovisual productions.
As part of the engineering team, you will work side by side with the operations team in order to offer the best user experience to our clients and develop creative solutions to satisfy their business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong Python knowledge
- Hands-on experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB as database management systems
- Basic knowledge of Lucene and ElasticSearch as text-search technologies
- Have worked with open source web application frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Linux and git experience
- Experience with software design life cycle and best practices (code reviews, testing)
- Clear communication, resolutive and creative
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Immediate incorporation
What we offer:
- Full time position
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Free coffee, fruits and language classes
- Snacks, beers and jam sessions on Friday afternoons
- Become part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry