As part of the Repertoire team, you will help build and improve one of the most complete music databases in the world. We are connected to hundreds of data sources and digital distributors like Sony, Universal or The Orchard, and we are in charge of ingesting and harmonizing all the musical content at our hands in order to make it available to the services BMAT offers. With Python as the main development technology and a bit of C++ for CPU-intensive tasks, the system processes millions of assets every month both in in-house infrastructure and in a horizontally scalable architecture powered by AWS (Amazon Web Services).
A system of this complexity needs resourceful, action-driven and diligent people to be maintained, operated and evolved. You will work side by side with the operations team in order to offer the best user experience for our clients and develop creative solutions to satisfy their business needs.
What you will be doing:
As an Operations Engineer, you will work at the intersection between the Operations team, who are in daily contact with our customers, and the Engineering team, who plan and execute large scale developments.
On the operations side, you are expected to perform a transversal role, translating customers’ needs into technical specifications and vice versa.
As for engineering, your responsibilities range from ingesting datasets to and extracting concrete information from our databases (mostly PostgreSQL and MongoDB) over resolving issues reported by the operations team up to developing tools in order to scale repeated tasks. You will be free to define your role along the bridge between our clients and the engineering team and find the position where your talent shines the most.
All about you:
- You know Python and some of its web frameworks and you are eager to get better
- You have an instinct for listening, asking, understanding and communicating
- You are comfortable querying SQL and NoSQL
- You get the most out of your time when working in a team
- Bash knowledge can convert complicated tasks to one liners
- You think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress
- You have used AWS and know some of its core components
- Starting a debugger is the first thing that comes to mind when tackling a bug
- You would enjoy explaining our back-end to your grandparents
- DRY principles are important to you
- You know how to leave Vim
You can enjoy:
- Full-time job
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruits
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools
- Wide range of Online and Onsite courses
- Becoming part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry