We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open minded and well travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people – spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul – that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specifically to cover Indonesia and Malaysia
- Travel to these countries will be required, and also to Singapore and/or Barcelona for training
- Perform a transversal role, working in tasks related to Client, Product and Project management
- Establish daily communications with the customers (mainly CMOs, broadcasters, labels and publishers) to coordinate and solve incidences
- Collect Clients’ requirements and translate them to the Engineering teams, as well as to coordinate with the other supporting teams – Legal, Accounting, etc.
- Understand the technical capabilities of the tools and to translate them to our customers
- Preserve the trust gained with the customer and be the responsible for bridging the gap between them and the engineering teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience as technical account manager or technical customer support
- Passion about listening, asking, understanding and communicating
- Love for teamwork and learning, detail-oriented, multi-tasking skills
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Knowledge or experience in the music industry is a plus
- Bahasa Malayu – written and spoken at native level
- Computer Science,
- Audiovisual or
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours: 40 hours a week
- Home Office when needed
- Become part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
- Work to make music more transparent