We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open minded and well travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people – spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul – that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure customers are happy with the services and the work flow. Build a strong relationship.
- Coordinate the treatment of customer requests and needs with the BMAT technical teams based in Barcelona.
- Increase the perimeter of the services provided to current customers.
- Meet and build relationship with all the local relevant industry actors.
- Understand the functioning of the local industry landscape: politics, dynamics.
- Regular recaps of the meetings and local landscape to BMAT teams.
- Grow BMAT content database by integrating local content.
- Understand the newest needs/requests and problems faced by the industry to propose relevant services.
- Sale services to all other industry actors, set up test pilots and grow the business.
- Follow the news. Spot the launch of call for tenders. Coordinate answering to call for tenders.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly organised, multitasker and with strong attention to detail
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Passion about listening, asking, understanding and communicating
- Love for teamwork and learning
- Computer literacy
- Be comfortable dealing with a large amount of data and numbers
- Knowledge or experience in the Music Biz is a plus
- Fluency in English.
What we offer:
- Full-time job
- Freedom to choose your working hours and your holiday calendar.
- Full autonomy of your duties
- Opportunity to grow and learn, also in other disciplines
- Informal, dynamic, young and innovative environment
- Training activities around music, copyright, and technology
- Work to make music more transparent