We like to sing ‘put the right letters together and make a better day’. Our international team, full of problem solvers and music lovers, work to put the right chords together and make a better music scene. As users (and we use it a lot), we want it more accessible. As musicians, we need it more fair. And as music researchers we squeeze our brains to develop one of the most widespread systems to track music and identify audio. Currently, we report music usage from all over the world to PROs, labels, publishers and broadcasters, so that artists get the recognition they deserve. However, we only feel totally fulfilled when we can sneak a couple of funny jokes while talking about this.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design and planning of a brand new platform to deal with ownership metadata of millions of sound recordings.
- Code, test, document and maintain the platform.
- Tech Breakdown:
- 20% Back End Development
- 80% Front End Development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with Python
- Have worked with open source web application frameworks such as Django or Flask and relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Linux and git experience
- Experience with software design life cycle and best practices (Code Reviews, Testing)
- Enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, with the ability to learn independently
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with non-relational databases: Mongo, Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science, Telecom Engineering, Audio Visual Engineering or similar
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Immediate incorporation
What we offer:
- Full time job in a position with long-term perspective
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Learn about music industry and its value chain and how we try to make the music world a better place