BMAT gathers a group of young talented professionals with an extraordinary passion for music and technology. All of us dream of making music a better place for artists, agents and users, and we are constantly coming up with new ideas of how to develop our systems and services. We specialise in monitoring music played on radio, TV, online platforms, ads and clubs via a data processing and reporting platform. Our clients—more than 100 performing rights organizations worldwide, digital service providers, record labels and publishers—consider us the world leader in music monitoring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Your main responsibility will be to maintain and continuously improve our systems infrastructure, automating key processes such as setup, deployment and monitoring. You are expected to proactively take care of our platforms like your own little tech babies, improving your skills in the process and staying up to date with the latest technologies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience setting up and maintaining cloud infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience using Puppet, Git and Docker for continuous integration.
- Proficiency in networks and security (VPN, routing, firewalls).
- Your natural OS is Linux.
- You use your knowledge of Shell and Python automation tools to avoid repeating yourself.
- You are organized in your work, and love monitoring and logging your platforms.
- You have English working proficiency.
- You are an excellent team player.
Some technical details for the curious:
- Our services run on AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudFormation, etc), even though we have some physical servers here and there.
- We are strongly oriented to infrastructure-as-code solutions.
- We use Docker and we’d like to start using clusters like EKS.
- We use Apache, NGINX and Tomcat web servers.
- Our data lives in MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Redis databases, and we search it using ElasticSearch.
- Experience with the rest of technologies we use in our stack (see below).
- Gif proficiency.
What we offer:
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working hours and home office.
- Free coffee, fruit, language classes and online courses.
- Free snacks, beers and jam sessions on Friday afternoons.
- Becoming part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry.