BMAT gathers a group of almost a hundred young talented professionals with an extraordinary passion for music and technology. All of us dream of making music a better place for artists, agents and users, and we are constantly coming up with new ideas on how to develop our systems and services.
What you will be doing:
- Learning about music industry and its value chain and how we try to make the music world a better place.
- Dealing with one of the biggest music database in the world: the most precious treasure of BMAT.
- Giving technical support to Customer Relations and Product teams to solve content-related issues and customer requests.
- Independently finding the optimal solutions to handle music metadata and retrieve the required views.
- Taking care of the incidences derived from the automated ingestion of musical content and metadata into BMAT’s content databases.
- Maintaining coherence and integrity of BMAT’s content databases.
- Having fun in our Friday Beer meetings, Off-Topic Workshops (as Scratching or Indian Cooking) and Music Jams.
- Expanding your horizon and meet people from all around the world.
All about you:
- Have basic experience in database operation (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Have basic experience in scripting and object-oriented programming (Python, Shell)
- Have basic knowledge of XML, XSD, MS Excel and Linux OS
- Are eager to learn and to find creative solutions for a wide variety of requests
- Have passion for music and technology
- Are able to work in a multi-cultural team (we write documentation and code in English and a lot of our clients and colleagues only speak English!)
- Are graduated in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar
- Have some knowledge about indexing technologies: Lucene, ElasticSearch
- Multithreading programming, distributed computing… would be awesome
- You play a musical instrument
You can enjoy:
- Full-time job
- Flexibility on working hours and home office
- Flat hierarchy
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruits
- English, Spanish, French and Catalan classes
- Wide range of online and onsite courses
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools
- Free beers and snacks on Friday afternoon’s Jam sessions
- Becoming part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry