We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open minded and well travelled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people – spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul – that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We are looking for a talented professional to help searching and promoting BMAT R+D+I projects and promote consortium in order to get tax incentives from European Administrations.
You will work inside the Innovation Team in close collaboration with the technical and business development teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify research, business and partnering opportunities.
- Leading and strengthening commercial partnerships by researching and identifying opportunities and joining consortiums or new proposals and projects
- Participate at european Innovation and R&D events and workshops. Transforming clients’ challenges into opportunities for growth
- Assisting the Innovation Team in the writing of new project proposals and business exploitation documents
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- +2 years experience in project management, technical account management or client support in technical and/or research environments.
- Experience on public funding and european grants.
- Willingness to travel frequently at european level (40%)
- Knowledge of programs: FP7, H2020, Horizon Europe, Spanish funding programs.
- Commercial orientation and Good communication skills.
- Initiative, drive, enthusiasm and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Computer literacy
- Fluency in English, Spanish and/or any other language is a plus.
What we offer:
- Full-time or Part-time job
- Freedom to choose your working hours, your holiday calendar and where you will work
- Full autonomy of your duties
- Opportunity to grow and learn
- Informal, dynamic, young and innovative environment
- Free coffee, fruits, jam sessions and training activities around music, copyright, and technology
- Work to make music more transparent