We like to sing ‘put the right letters together and make a better day’. Our international team, full of problem solvers and music lovers, work to put the right chords together and make a better music scene. As users (and we use it a lot), we want it more accessible. As musicians, we need it fairer. And as music researchers, we squeeze our brains to develop one of the most widespread systems to track music and identify audio. Currently, we report music usage from all over the world to PROs, labels, publishers, and broadcasters, so that artists get the recognition they deserve. However, we only feel totally fulfilled when we can sneak a couple of funny jokes while talking about this.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Give technical support to Customer Relations and Product teams to solve content-related issues and customer requests.
- Take care of the incidences derived from the automated ingestion of musical content and metadata into BMAT’s content databases.
- Maintain the coherence and integrity of BMAT’s content databases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Have experience in database operation (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Have experience in scripting and object-oriented programming (Python, shell).
- Have knowledge of XML, XSD, MS Excel, and Linux OS.
- Would be nice some knowledge about indexing technologies, like Lucene or ElasticSearch.
- Multithreading programming, distributed computing… would be awesome.
- Be eager to learn.
- Have the passion for music and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree, desirable in Telecommunications, Computer Science or similar.
- Fluent in Spanish and good English level.
- Immediate incorporation.
What we offer:
- Full-time position in Buenos Aires.
- Learn about the music industry and its value chain and how we try to make the music world a better place.
- Flat hierarchy, work together with creative colleagues in a co-operative and open culture where your solutions will be put into practice.